Join Transport Alliance
find out more
Transport Alliance Australia (TAA) is a peak body for owners, drivers and stakeholders in the Commercial Passenger Vehicle industry. It is a non-profit body run by members, for members.
Become part of an industry group working for a better industry.
Independent operators submitting applications to cabcharge for payment terminals are being told the process is currently taking 10 weeks. Far too long for many to remain idle or viable.
This week TAA received an update from Maurice Blackburn lawyers on the status of the class action and what's been happening in court over the last few months.
TAA has been keeping up to date with announcements from the Government and has rounded up the grants and funding available to sole traders and businesses.
Covid-19 Business Support
We're collecting resources and information to keep the commercial passenger vehicle and transport industry up to date with the latest business and individual support options available during the Covid-19 crisis.
In September 2019 Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia changed its name to Transport Alliance Australia to better represent the diverse commercial passenger vehicle industry, including taxi, hire car, rideshare and other on demand transport options. TAA works to give a voice to members in state and federal government. Our objectives:
- to consider and deal with all questions and issues involving the commercial passenger vehicle industry;
- promote, support and propose legislative or other measures affecting the commercial passenger vehicle industry;
- campaign to improve driver/owner remuneration levels;
- protect the rights of drivers, owners, operators, networks and booking service providers in this industry;
- promote ideas and programs to assist in maintaining a high industry standard for TAA members.
UBER CLASS ACTION
TAA has been active in bringing a class action against Uber with Maurice Blackburn lawyers on behalf of participants in the taxi, hire-car, limousine and charter vehicle industry. We urge all taxi and hire car drivers, operators and licence owners to register their interest.